Cynthia R. Cox
Cynthia R. Cox is a seasoned advocate for the elderly and disabled, with over 25 years experience in elder law, estate planning, probate and special needs trusts. Her deep affinity and respect for the elderly, and passion for defending them when they cannot defend themselves, motivated her to become one the youngest members of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. In the decades since, she has distinguished herself as a trusted name in the field.
A Professor of Elder Law at Loyola Law School, Cynthia is a recognized expert on elder law, which includes planning for public benefit programs such as SSI and Medi-Cal as they relate to the elderly and individuals with special needs. She frequently advises other elder law attorneys on matters pertaining to special needs and disability.
Cynthia is a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation and a frequent speaker on elder law and special needs issues. She is a member of the Council of Advanced Practitioners, one of only 10 such members in all of California for the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
- California, 1991
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- Professor of Elder Law, Loyola Law School.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation)
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- American, Los Angeles and South Bay Bar Associations
- South Bay Estate Planning Council.